Friday, October 06, 2006

Shamelessly Promoting My Favorite Breed of Dog

I would like to point out the beneficial effects of growing up with pets. In this case, it's a potentially lower risk of developing allergies and asthma, though there are certain factors that complicate matters when trying to decide how much having a cat or dog really prevents these difficulties.

In an effort to make more people pet people I'm going to claim that it works. Through the course of my life I have lived with (not all at the same time) 7 dogs and 12 cats. Not to mention the added effect 2 hampsters, 4 llamas, 7 sheep, 6 goats, 1 donkey, and 2 miniature donkeys may have had in the "not allergic to fur or animal hair" area. I'm sure the countless chickens and fish, as well as 1 duck, were also somehow important, despite their lack of hair or fur.

See? Pets are good! Go buy many cats and dogs. Buy a Belgian Tervuren.

No comments: