Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Big Fans Go Begging

At least us little people aren't the only ones speculating about the events of the seventh and final Harry Potter book. Of course, certain famous authors were actually in a situation in which they could beg her not to bring about a certain turn of events. Don't worry, no particular spoilers, just idle rambling on the position of deaths in fiction.

I wish it had been more of an actual in depth discussion instead of idle chatter. About fictional deaths, I mean, not about the Harry Potter books.. though I'd take that, too. Though I figured out years ago that sometimes characters get themselves into situations where Death or other unlikeable outcomes are the only appropriate response. When the character is telling you, "look, it's my time now, got that?" manipulating them out of it just doesn't quite feel right.

.... Yes. The characters do talk to me on occasion.

No comments: