Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Beginning of a Long Journey

Russia's space agency is putting together a simulated Mars mission. They're accepting applications from volunteers all over the world to be part of the five person team, but you have to be between ages 25-50. It figures - I'm just barely two years too young to apply. Of course, I'm not a doctor, engineer, or anyone with any other special qualifications, so probably wouldn't have made it anyway, but you can bet I'd have tried.

I suppose it isn't so bad after all; they aren't actually leaving the planet. And once they've had time to run through the simulation and begin planning a real trip, I'll both be old enough and have had time to gain a few more skills.

I just have to decide whether to focus on computers or biology. I could always make an attempt at physics, too.

No comments: