Sunday, November 11, 2007

Shocking Saturday

I had to fit in a post of celebration at some point - especially as I've had no one to jump up and down and excitedly scream in front of.

This morning I went to Mass with the goal in mind that, afterward, I would be singing with someone for the specific purpose of being told exactly where I was failing and what I needed to work on, a bit of criticism I figured was coming one way or another, and ought to be taken care of on my own terms and in a way that would also be beneficial to me. It has, after all, been two and a half years since I've had anyone give me any real suggestions or helpfully tell me what to work on after hearing me sing, and I'm not the best person to be doing that for myself.

I walked away from this meeting with plenty of suggestions - and an invitation to join the Schola at my church, at least for long enough to see whether I can fit in.

And I now have one more reason to be very grateful to my old choir director; I half considered emailing her just to mention this opportunity and express my overwhelming thanks. Instead, I'm placing those thanks in an area I'm fairly sure she'll never actually see, but what's a girl to do. Thank you Ms. Silva!!!

No comments: