Friday, November 02, 2007

NaNoWriMo!

Despite how skeptical I am of my chances this year, it is now currently November, and National Novel Writing Month. My goal once again is to write 50,000 words by 11:59:59pm Nov. 30th. This year, I have a full time job that is really full time, as in life-time, and didn't even find time to do a blog post about the event until tonight.

On the other hand, I am also insane, and so I invite anyone and everyone to join me in this endeavor to create. (I already have one little brother joining me again; yay!) Go to the website, read about the event, sign up, add Myth as a writing buddy, and most of all, start writing! Or at least do me the favor of cheering me on - since unless I decide I will be embarrassing myself way too horribly by posting, I will have my word count right here on this blog at least once a week. The embarrassing myself thing could happen. Again, that job thing. But if it goes well, I hope to have another (and a better) book in editing by December.

And there are two things in my favor. I finally saw Orion for the first time this fall a week ago Friday night (I've been looking for a while, but always had bad conditions one way or another), and he is the ending and therefore an important part of the rest of the story; and I'm in generally the same mindset I was when I did all my best writing back in my later 'teens, though in a bit more matured form. All of which leads me to pretend confidence that it will come out well. Wish me luck!

(The link remains on my sidebar as well, where it has been for the past year; only and always for your convenience, and because I like to recruit.)

No comments: